Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!

Lemme start by wishing you all a very happy and a prosperous new year 2007!!!!

Hmm....one of my resolutions this year is to update my blog frequently...lemme see how long I keep it :-) I didnt go to chennai this weekend. I had returned from chennai only on wednesday, so it didnt make sense to me to go back again on friday. I thought I can manage three days here in Bangalore. So I decided after a long time to spend my new year here in this place where I feel I dont belong to.

My weekend started on friday afternoon when some of my friends decided to have a GTG in electronic city office. I took a shuttle along with one of my friend and went to EC office and had a great time there. I went to forum from there with two of my friends and met another friend and his sister who had come to Bangalore. Then had dinner and went back to my PG.

Hmm...saturday...time to sleep nicely without having to worry about getting up early and rushing to office...Went to the movie 'Happy Feet' with my friends in the afternoon. This was the first time I got to see an animation movie and liked it a lot.Then went to a temple in Koramangala. Wonder what is it in the temple that gives such a nice feeling and a sense of satisfaction. I find myself relaxed, calm and happy whenever I visit a temple. Returned to my PG in a very good mood. We had a small conference in my room and then we decided to go to Lumbini gardens (Dr. Rajkumar Dhoni Vihara) the next day. We all went to sleep after having decided the next day's schedule.

Uff...The day started pretty badly...I had a severe head ache and was feeling giddy from the moment I got up. Sadly decided that I will not be able to go out with my friends and then slept again due to the effect of the tablet. Got up around 11.30 to find my friends still in the PG. Then decided to go out in the neck of the moment and got ready in the next half an hour!!!

It took us little more than an hour to reach the place. None of us have been to the place earlier and as a result got down at Nagavara instead of Nagavarakere. We had to walk quite a lot of distance but it was fun actually. We had our lunch in one of the restaurants on the way. The restaurant was built in a good taste but maintanence was pathetic. Thank god the fan above us didnt work or else we would have ended up with a good shower of dust and cobwebs.

We continued our walk after lunch and finally reached Lumbini gardens. It was like Eat Street in Hyderabad and thats why I liked this place a lot. We walked around for sometime and went in Twirling Vortex ride and then had ICE CREAMS :-) Time for boating then...We decided to take the pedal boats. Only two persons were allowed in a boat and thus I had the wonderful opportunity to pedal for the first time. It was an amzing experience...loved each and every second of it.

We then went to Ragigudda temple from Lumbini gardens. It was such a beautiful temple and I regretted not going there for so long. Here I reminded God about my wishes and then wished him Happy 2007. Then we sat on the rock there for sometime before returning back to our PG.

The new year was only two hours away. All of us sat in the hall and were watching all useless programs in the TV. However stupid be the program, it is always fun to sit and watch as a gang and comment on it. Finally it was 12 o clock and 2007 arrived!!! It was suddenly phone time and all of us were busy with our cell phones. But the network was busy as well and didnt allow us to wish our near and dear ones. I was somewhat lucky as I got to speak to my parents, two aunts, brothers and 3 friends. We celebrated the new year in the terrace watching the crackers lighting up the atmosphere symbolizing the bright year coming ahead.

Then we came down to our apartment and had a gala time shouting and dancing. We woke up our room mates who were sleeping with loud music and then danced for the next hour. Its the first time I danced in front of others. It was fun.Then went to sleep around 2 o clk but were able to sleep only after 4 o clock.

The first day of the new year started with my sis calling me to wish for the new year. I suddenly missed being at home for the new year and thought about my parents who had to spend this new year without me and my sis with them. My parents celebrating in Chennai, me in Bangalore and my sis in Dallas...felt lonely suddenly and wanted to go to Chennai. I cursed myself for having stayed in Bangalore for these three days. Then went to sleep again and got up very late at around 10 o clock. I couldnt call anyone as the network was still busy. This time my mood was not so good to try patiently till I get the line... so I messaged all my friends and cousins. Didnt feel like going out anywhere, so stayed in the room, sleeping and watching TV.

Hmm....New year is here now. Hope it brings love, luck, happiness and peace with it for everyone. As all of you I also have a lot of dreams, hopes and wishes for the new year. Lets hope 2007 fulfills all our wishes. Have a great year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home